Summer 2017 Health Fellow
Location: Des Moines, IA Dates: May 22 – August 18, 2017
Compensation: $570/week stipend, up to 5% bonus Deadline: March 26, 2017
FLIA cultivates leaders and strengthens youth-oriented nonprofits through a fellowship program. Fellows, college students and recent college graduates, work on-site full-time at a partner nonprofit to develop or implement a pre-determined enrichment program.
Throughout the fellowship, fellows gain various professional skills including fundraising, communication, program development, in a fast-paced, hands-on learning environment.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Iowa Overview
Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Iowa inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens. BGCCI engages young people with research-based programs and hands-on educational enrichment every day after school, as well as all-day programming across athletics, arts and high-yield learning activities are offered at its five Club locations.
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
You will ...
- Enhance BGCCI’s Triple Play programming, which works to combine three aspects of wellness, the mind, body, and soul, into one program
- Establish consistency across the five Clubs for their Triple Play program by working with BGCCI staff in each club
- Create measurement tools to ensure that identified outcomes are being achieved
- Create training materials to ensure that these adjustments and tools are successfully implemented in Fall 2017
- Attend pre-fellowship training retreat in Portland, OR May 30 – June 2 (expenses covered)
- Fundraise $500
- Weekly FLIA responsibilities including check-in’s
- Submit final report
- Comfortable working with youth
- Commitment to continuous professional improvement and reflection
- Resourcefulness and initiative
- Passionate about the social sector
- Use patience and tolerance to address problems
- Demonstrate integrity
- Demonstrate professionalism