Leadership Programs Fellow - Boys & Girls Clubs of Portland
Location: Portland, OR Dates: May 21 - August 10, 2018
Compensation: $615/week stipend, up to 5% bonus Deadline: March 25, 2018
FLIA cultivates leaders and strengthens youth-oriented nonprofits through a fellowship program. Fellows, individuals interested in entering the social sector, work on-site full-time at a partner nonprofit to develop or implement a pre-determined enrichment program.
Throughout the fellowship, fellows gain various professional skills including fundraising, communication, program development, in a fast-paced, hands-on learning environment.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Portland Overview
The mission of BGCP is to inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible, and caring citizens. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Portland serve the youth in the community and provides a safe, structured and positive environment for young people before and after school, during holidays and summer vacation.
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
You will ...
- Assist in the development of a summer leadership program for BGCP’s Youth of the Year program, which celebrates extraordinary achievements of High School Club members
- Work to ensure that there are college tours and speaking opportunities throughout the summer
- Engage community mentors across multiple disciplines to enhance the program
- Engage across multiple Club sites of the Youth of Year leadership program
- Attend pre-fellowship training retreat in Portland, OR from May 21 - 25, 2018 (expenses covered)
- Fundraise $500 (with guidance from FLIA)
- Weekly FLIA responsibilities including check-in calls
- Submit final report
- Comfortable working with youth
- Commitment to continuous professional improvement and reflection
- Resourcefulness and initiative
- Passionate about the social sector
- Use patience and tolerance to address problems
- Demonstrate integrity
- Demonstrate professionalism