Fall 2017 BGCP Fellow
Location: Portland, OR Dates: September 18 - December 15, 2017
Compensation: $570/week stipend, up to 5% bonus Deadline: July 23, 2017
FLIA cultivates leaders and strengthens youth-oriented nonprofits through a fellowship program. Fellows, college students and recent college graduates, work on-site full-time at a partner nonprofit to develop or implement a pre-determined enrichment program.
Throughout the fellowship, fellows gain various professional skills including fundraising, communication, program development, in a fast-paced, hands-on learning environment.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Portland Overview
The mission of BGCP is to, “inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible, and caring citizens. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Portland serve the youth in the community and provides a safe, structured and positive environment for young people before and after school, during holidays and summer vacation.”
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
You will ...
- Enhance BGCP’s Youth of the Year programming, which celebrates extraordinary achievements of Club members through Youth of the Year, Youth of the Month and Junior Youth of the Year
- Establish consistency and continuity across all Clubs for their Youth of the Year program
- Incorporate Member voice into the program
- Attend pre-fellowship training retreat in Portland, OR from September 18-22, 2017 (expenses covered)
- Fundraise $500 (with support from FLIA)
- Weekly FLIA duties including check-in calls
- Submit final report
- Comfortable working with youth
- Commitment to continuous professional improvement and reflection
- Resourcefulness and initiative
- Passionate about the social sector
- Use patience and tolerance to address problems
- Demonstrate integrity
- Demonstrate professionalism