Community Resources Fellow - Boys & Girls Clubs of Portland
Location: Portland, OR (based in Hillsboro, OR with travel around metro) Dates: August 27 - November 16, 2018
Compensation: $615/week stipend, up to 5% bonus Deadline: July 1, 2018
FLIA cultivates leaders and strengthens youth-oriented nonprofits through a fellowship program. Fellows, individuals interested in entering the social sector, work on-site full-time at a partner nonprofit to develop or implement a pre-determined enrichment program.
Throughout the fellowship, fellows gain various professional skills including fundraising, communication, program development, in a fast-paced, hands-on learning environment.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Portland Overview:
The mission of BGCP is to, “inspire and enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible, and caring citizens. The Boys & Girls Clubs of Portland serve the youth in the community and provides a safe, structured and positive environment for young people before and after school, during holidays and summer vacation.”
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
You will ...
- Create an online database of community resources for BGCP Members and families
- Assess social service needs of BGCP Members and families
- Attend pre-fellowship training retreat in Portland, OR from August 27-31, 2018 (expenses covered)
- Fundraise $500 (with guidance from FLIA)
- Weekly FLIA responsibilities including check-in calls
- Submit two blog articles
- Submit final report
- Comfortable working with youth
- Commitment to continuous professional improvement and reflection
- Resourcefulness and initiative
- Passionate about the social sector
- Use patience and tolerance to address problems
- Demonstrate integrity
- Demonstrate professionalism
The selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal background check and/or fingerprinting.