Outreach Program Fellow - Fiver Children's Foundation
Location: New York City, NY Dates: August 27 - November 16, 2018
Compensation: $667/week stipend, up to 5% bonus Deadline: July 1, 2018
FLIA cultivates leaders and strengthens youth-oriented nonprofits through a fellowship program. Fellows, individuals interested in entering the social sector, work on-site full-time at a partner nonprofit to develop or implement a pre-determined enrichment program.
Throughout the fellowship, fellows gain various professional skills including fundraising, communication, program development, in a fast-paced, hands-on learning environment.
The Fiver Children’s Foundation is a comprehensive youth development organization that makes a 10-year commitment to children from underserved communities throughout New York City and central New York. Through character-building summer and year-round out-of-school time programs, Fiver empowers children to make ethical and healthy decisions, to become engaged citizens, and to succeed in school, careers, and life.
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
You will ...
- Create an outreach handbook and guide for Fiver Staff to use for youth outreach
- Research best practices for outreach and analysis Fiver’s existing outreach efforts
- Implement different outreach methods during fellowship to determine most effective approach for Fiver
- Attend pre-fellowship training retreat in Portland, OR from August 27-31, 2018 (expenses covered)
- Fundraise $500 (with guidance from FLIA)
- Weekly FLIA responsibilities including check-in calls
- Submit two blog articles
- Submit final report
- Comfortable working with youth
- Commitment to continuous professional improvement and reflection
- Resourcefulness and initiative
- Passionate about the social sector
- Use patience and tolerance to address problems
- Demonstrate integrity
- Demonstrate professionalism
The selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal background check and/or fingerprinting.