Training Development Fellow - YSS
Location: Ames, IA Dates: August 27 - November 16, 2018
Compensation: $570/week stipend, up to 5% bonus Deadline: July 1, 2018
FLIA cultivates leaders and strengthens youth-oriented nonprofits through a fellowship program. Fellows, individuals interested in entering the social sector, work on-site full-time at a partner nonprofit to develop or implement a pre-determined enrichment program.
Throughout the fellowship, fellows gain various professional skills including fundraising, communication, program development, in a fast-paced, hands-on learning environment.
YSS provides prevention, treatment, and transition programming and services to children, youth and families in Iowa. YSS’s comprehensive approach incorporates support for the youth’s family and others in their support network.
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
You will ...
- Create an outlined plan of YSS University, a diverse and well-rounded training curriculum based on the needs of YSS
- Work with the communication team on YSS University branding, and create a communication plan to launch the program
- Work to identify the existing trainings and gaps based on the vision
- Develop implementation pathways
- Attend pre-fellowship training retreat in Portland, OR from August 27-31, 2018 (expenses covered)
- Fundraise $500 (with guidance from FLIA)
- Weekly FLIA responsibilities including check-in calls
- Submit two blog articles
- Submit final report
- Comfortable working with youth
- Commitment to continuous professional improvement and reflection
- Resourcefulness and initiative
- Passionate about the social sector
- Use patience and tolerance to address problems
- Demonstrate integrity
- Demonstrate professionalism
The selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal background check and/or fingerprinting.