We place fellows, emerging social sector leaders, in youth-oriented nonprofit organizations to develop or implement enrichment programs which cultivate their leadership skills.
Fellows work full-time with a partner organization for three months on an enrichment program designated by the partner. During this time, they receive remote support and a living wage from FLIA.
Candidates apply for a specific fellowship through our website
We conduct an initial round of interviews and notify all applicants of their status
Our partners conduct the second round of interviews and assist in the hiring process
Selected fellows participate in our week-long training and development retreat
Fellows work full-time, on-site with a partner to champion a project
Fellows receive support from and participate in community-building efforts among FLIA peers
Fellows submit a final work report and present highlights at a culmination event
Fellows receive support from FLIA alumni network and participate in program evaluation process
--- EDIT ----
We commit to...
- Match fellows with partners through thorough interviewing and selection process
- Problem-solve with fellows and partner staff to address any challenges that arise
- Foster a sense of community among fellows and alumni
- Support fellows by guiding them through project work plans, goal-setting practices, and check-ins
Fellows commit to...
- Fundraise at least $500 to support the program they work on
- Engage with cohort of fellows through peer mentorship and weekly discussions
- Present a final report detailing project accomplishments and speak at fellow culmination event
- Seek assistance from FLIA staff whenever performance concerns or program questions arise
- Provide positive and constructive feedback on an ongoing basis and through specific evaluation tools, provide input for FLIA to better support growth