Community Partnerships Fellow - Financial Beginnings Oregon
Location: Portland, OR Dates: May 21 - August 10, 2018
Compensation: $615/week stipend, up to 5% bonus Deadline: March 25, 2018
FLIA cultivates leaders and strengthens youth-oriented nonprofits through a fellowship program. Fellows, individuals interested in entering the social sector, work on-site full-time at a partner nonprofit to develop or implement a pre-determined enrichment program.
Throughout the fellowship, fellows gain various professional skills including fundraising, communication, program development, in a fast-paced, hands-on learning environment.
Financial Beginnings Oregon Overview
Financial Beginnings Oregon's mission is to empower youth and adults to take control of their financial futures. They do this by strengthening communities through inclusive financial education. They provide five financial education programs with the goal of giving participants a better understanding of basic personal finance, and empowering them to make informed, responsible, and proactive financial decisions.
You are not required to have a financial background for this position.
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
You will ...
- Assist with the expansion of the Student Academy for Financial Empowerment (SAFE) program
- Create a system for establishing new partnerships
- Secure new partnerships with local community colleges
- Attend pre-fellowship training retreat in Portland, OR from May 21 - 25, 2018 (expenses covered)
- Fundraise $500 (with guidance from FLIA)
- Weekly FLIA responsibilities including check-in calls
- Submit final report
- Comfortable working with youth
- Commitment to continuous professional improvement and reflection
- Resourcefulness and initiative
- Passionate about the social sector
- Use patience and tolerance to address problems
- Demonstrate integrity
- Demonstrate professionalism