Fall 2017 Fiver Fellow
Location: New York City, NY Dates: September 18 - 22, 2017 (training); October 16, 2017 - January 12, 2018
Compensation: $667/week stipend, up to 5% bonus Deadline: July 23, 2017
FLIA cultivates leaders and strengthens youth-oriented nonprofits through a fellowship program. Fellows, college students and recent college graduates, work on-site full-time at a partner nonprofit to develop or implement a pre-determined enrichment program.
Throughout the fellowship, fellows gain various professional skills including fundraising, communication, program development, in a fast-paced, hands-on learning environment.
The Fiver Children’s Foundation is a comprehensive youth development organization that makes a 10-year commitment to children from underserved communities throughout New York City and central New York. Through character-building summer and year-round out-of-school time programs, Fiver empowers children to make ethical and healthy decisions, to become engaged citizens, and to succeed in school, careers, and life.
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
You will ...
- Create a Fiver Alumni program
- Survey Fiver Alumni to learn about their challenges, successes, and desired support post-high school
- Implement at least one component of the Fiver Alumni program
- Attend pre-fellowship training retreat in Portland, OR September 18-22, 2017 (expenses covered)
- Fundraise $500 (with support from FLIA)
- Weekly FLIA duties including check-in calls
- Submit final report
- Comfortable working with youth
- Commitment to continuous professional improvement and reflection
- Resourcefulness and initiative
- Passionate about the social sector
- Use patience and tolerance to address problems
- Demonstrate integrity
- Demonstrate professionalism