Future Leaders in Action (“FLIA”) places fellows, emerging social sector leaders in youth-oriented nonprofit organizations to develop or implement enrichment programs which cultivate their leadership skills.
Fellows work full-time, on-site with a partner on an enrichment program that focuses on one of the following areas:
Advancing Skills for Success
In collaboration with partner organizations, fellows research and develop programs that help children and youth develop leadership and social skills, self-confidence, and other tools to succeed in the classroom, the workplace and beyond.
Promoting Public Health
Fellows promote public health within communities by reviewing and developing programs with partner organizations that focus on fitness and nutritional learning with an emphasis on addressing childhood obesity.
Protecting the Environment
The programs conducted by FLIA fellows and partner organizations educate children regarding the importance of environmental sustainability and becoming stewards of the environment.
At a Glance
We commit to...
- Match fellows with partners through thorough interviewing and selection process
- Problem-solve with fellows and partner staff to address any challenges that arise
- Foster a sense of community among fellows and alumni
- Support fellows by guiding them through project work plans, goal-setting practices, and check-ins
Fellows commit to...
- Fundraise at least $500 to support the program they work on
- Engage with cohort of fellows through peer mentorship and weekly discussions
- Present a final report detailing project accomplishments and speak at fellow culmination event
- Seek assistance from FLIA staff whenever performance concerns or program questions arise
- Provide positive and constructive feedback on an ongoing basis and through specific evaluation tools, provide input for FLIA to better support growth