Future Leaders in Action (“FLIA”) places fellows, emerging social sector leaders in youth-oriented nonprofit organizations to develop or implement enrichment programs which cultivate their leadership skills.
Fellows work full-time, on-site with a partner on an enrichment program that focuses on one of the following areas:
Advancing Skills for Success
In collaboration with partners, fellows research and develop programs that helpyouth develop leadership and social skills, self-confidence, and other tools to succeed in the classroom, the workplace and beyond.
Promoting Public Health
Fellows promote public health within communities by reviewing and developing programs with partner organizations that focus on fitness and nutritional learning with an emphasis on addressing childhood obesity.
Protecting the Environment
The programs conducted by FLIA fellows and partner organizations educate children regarding the importance of environmental sustainability and becoming stewards of the environment.
At a Glance
We commit to...
- Collaborate with partners to develop project scope
- Recruit & match high-quality fellows
- Support fellows by helping fellows to create meaningful project action plans & provide additional support, including problem-solving assistance, professional development and more, throughout the fellowship as needed.
- Administer stipend
Partners commit to...
- Collaborate with FLIA to develop fellow’s project
- Support fellows by providing a supervisor and resources, including work-space, for the fellow to successfully complete their project
- Provide positive and constructive feedback on an ongoing basis and through a specific performance review, provide input to support professional and skills development