Jarlisa focused on assessing, improving, and expanding BGCP’s teen leadership and civic engagement recognition program, Youth of the Year. This includes communicating changes across Club sites, developing staff buy-in, and using highlights from the program to market it to members, families and the community. Jarlisa also worked closely with teen Youth of the Year nominees to ensure that they were prepared for celebratory event speeches.
- Met with staff to learn about past programs and vision for future
- Conducted informal interviews with teens to incorporate youth voice
- Surveyed teen candidates following the YOY celebration on their experiences
- Gathered program timelines from clubs across the US to create a program guide for BGCP to adopt
- Compiled and designed tools/resources based on program needs
At least 25 young adults every year