Collegiate Addiction Recovery Fellow - YSS
Location: Ames, IA Dates: May 21 - August 10, 2018
Compensation: $570/week stipend, up to 5% bonus Deadline: March 25, 2018
FLIA cultivates leaders and strengthens youth-oriented nonprofits through a fellowship program. Fellows, individuals interested in entering the social sector, work on-site full-time at a partner nonprofit to develop or implement a pre-determined enrichment program.
Throughout the fellowship, fellows gain various professional skills including fundraising, communication, program development, in a fast-paced, hands-on learning environment.
YSS provides prevention, treatment, and transition programming and services to children, youth and families in Iowa. YSS’s comprehensive approach incorporates support for the youth’s family and others in their support network.
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
You will ...
- Design a collegiate recovery community for youth in their 20s in Ames, IA based on the Collegiate Recovery Community (CRC) model
- Research best practices from other collegiate recovery programs
- Conduct interviews with various stakeholders to identify their needs
- Create a comprehensive plan for implementation
- Attend pre-fellowship training retreat in Portland, OR from May 21 - 25, 2018 (expenses covered)
- Fundraise $500 (with guidance from FLIA)
- Weekly FLIA responsibilities including check-in calls
- Submit final report
- Comfortable working with youth
- Commitment to continuous professional improvement and reflection
- Resourcefulness and initiative
- Passionate about the social sector
- Use patience and tolerance to address problems
- Demonstrate integrity
- Demonstrate professionalism