We place fellows, emerging social sector leaders, with youth-oriented nonprofit organizations to develop or implement enrichment programs which cultivate their leadership skills.
Fellows work full-time, on-site with a partner for three months on an enrichment program. During this time, fellows receive remote support and are paid a living wage from FLIA at no cost to our partner organizations.
When applying to become a partner, organizations must propose a fellowship project that aligns with one of our focus areas.
At a Glance ----under construvction do not like ---- see fellow how it works for some options
1. Propose a project
Organizations identify a potential project and apply to partner through our website
2. We connect
We interview and screen nonprofit project proposals for upcoming cohort
3. We recruit and screen
We recruit fellow applicants and perform the first round of screening/interviewing
4. You screen
Our partners conduct the second round of interviews and assist in the selection process
5. Fellows attend retreat
Selected fellows participate in a week-long training and development retreat with FLIA before beginning work with the partner organization
6. Fellows work on-site
Fellows work full-time, on-site at the partner organization for three months
7. Fellow share out
Fellows submit a final work report and present highlights at a culmination event
8. Stay connected
Partner organizations and fellows participate in program evaluation process
We commit to...
- Collaborate with partners to develop project scope
- Recruit & match high-quality fellows
- Support fellows by helping fellows to create meaningful project action plans & provide additional support, including problem-solving assistance, professional development and more, throughout the fellowship as needed.
- Administer stipend
Partners commit to...
- Collaborate with FLIA to develop fellow’s project
- Support fellows by providing a supervisor and resources, including work-space, for the fellow to successfully complete their project
- Provide positive and constructive feedback on an ongoing basis and through a specific performance review, provide input to support professional and skills development